[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fw: RE- Much Bolide activity being reported?

From: "Victor D. Noto" <vnn2@phoenixat.com>, on 2/18/98 5:47 PM:
To: smtp@netsrv1@servers[<meteorobs@latrade.com>]

	Victor,
	Since you can contact Brian, could you perhaps inquire as to what the
closest distance between Hale-Bopp's orbit and the earth's orbit is? I
don't really know where to get that information yet. I know the closest
approach between the objects was 1.3 AU, but I am curious about the minimum
orbital distance.

>I was wondering - Is Brian Marsden on your list?
	He would be MORE than welcome, but we'd probably keep him might busy
:-)
>I kind of felt that this
>>educational type information was the type he wants to get out to the
>public
>and not mean for my eye only. At any rate I told him I was going to share
>this information with a few interested friends.  As busy as he is, it sure
>would be a waste to have him put these many words and thoughts together
>for my eye only.

>I see in your remarks that your not above questioning anyone
>about proof with studies for their comments.
	Yeah, sometimes we question EVERYTHING here :->> Even ourselves!
>You will have to ask Marsden
>yourself on that 2%" relative incidence estimate for long-period
question.>
>Let the debate begin. Maybe we will also hear from C. Chapman and D.
>Morrison soon.
	That would be welcome as well.

Wayne, kepping it to 2 cents worth this time.