[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Shirking those Fireballs o' Doom

Dear MeteorObs Brethren,
     First,  a question.....  does the word "brethren" include females?  I'm
sure I'll be getting an answer, and soon... and if the answer is 'no', it
might even be followed up by some sort of law-suit.  Anyway, for those that
think humans are not paying enough attention to the possibility of a "Nemisis"
comet or asteroid, I believe that may change this summer when Hollywood
releases TWO big-budget movies.... one is a comet-impact story and the other
an asteroid-impact story.  From what I can tell from the adverts,  we are
saved by US Space Shuttle Missions that intercept and 'nuke' the threat, in
BOTH movies.  I imagine a good portion of Earth's masses will have something
new to worry about by the time school starts in September of 1998.

Dave Garrison
f4deg@aol.com