[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) FWD: Fireball Frequency

Pierre inquired about the following showers:
>1988 Ursids (morning of Dec 22): 14 meteors seen within 1.5 hours. Three
>-3 fireballs seen within half hour before morning twilight. Viewing done
>through bedroom window with clear LM=4.5 !!

>1991 South Taurids (early evening of Nov 2): Checking through window
>facing radiant to see if it's clear. Almost instantly, a -3 slow, long
>fireball appears. Going outside to observe, within 10 minutes another
>fireball! This time a slow exploding -5 STA. Too bad I observed only 20
>minutes total.

>Has other observers seen these showers? My observations are limited but
>seem to indicate some form of enhancement for these dates.

Unfortunately, Pierre it is againt the laws of the state of New Jersey for
Clear sky to be visible during the time period of October to mid January,
except at the Full Moon, with fortunately, the exception of the Leonid peak
times. :-(
 No Geminids, Ursids, Or Quadrantids are permitted to be seen, and Taurids
are only allowed during the small window for the Leonids.
	I am working with our State legislators to get the stupid law repealed
as part of light pollution reforms. Wish me luck.

Wayne