[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re:Fireballs vs. meteorites

<< My question still stands.  I am not referring to micro dust.  I'm asking
 about the faintest meteor seen visually - and then the meteorite found, ie.
 correlated to the visual sighting. >>

My feeling is that the faint meteors never survive re-entry. The huge rocks
that come in are very bright and when they reach terminal velocity and explode
that when the shatter into the different size pieces, including the small (few
gram) pieces. So I guess that all the meteorites that survive show as bright
fireballs.

Kevin