[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Costarrican stuff

Lew and Mark:

Kew, thanks for your comments on the Spain sighting. I have translated
them and mailed to the Astronomia list.

To both of you, thanks for your advice on meteor observations from my
site.

I think I will start testing the visual limiting mangitude I can achieve
from my backyard, and from some other darker sites nearby, using well
known stars as guides (those mentioned in the NAMN material are
excellent for comparison) to judge what I can expect in a clear night.
This will also help me to train on evaluating visual magnitudes.

Another thing I have to take into account is that in these tropical
climates, because of humidity (even during the dry season), it is common
to have a hazyness effect that reduces the visual magnitude you can
get. This effect has been particularly strong this year, probably
because of the "El Nino" phenomenon.

Mark, I got the NAMN material in its entirety and it looks great. I have
started to study it in depth. Thanks a lot.

See you from down here. Clear skies.

Carlos Hernandez
Heredia, Costa Rica