[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) response to potentially hazardous objects (PHA's) posting

To List Members:

Now that’s what I call aroused.  Let me say so far, I agree with just about
everything I have read in response to my posting. I just got online so I
can not respond at length to everyone but let me says something to the more
vocal  members.

To Wayne Holly let me just say don’t be shy tell us exactly what is on your
mind.
Just joking.  I was a little annoyed by your insisting on additional proof,
data, references  and studies to the Florida Today story but I quickly
realize that you were vastly more knowledgeable on the subject than I.  You
will note that I tried to confirm some items of  the story and asked for an
expanded explanation from Doug Revelle.  You reminded me of emails I have
received from David Morrison.  David gets very annoyed by unsubstantiated
(bad) science and exaggerated statements about bolides and NEO’s. Wayne and
Lew this is an important role your playing.  Your not an anchor slowing
things down but a rudder keeping us zealots from tipping over. This being
said I apologies for not responding to your comment directly, it's just
that I agree with most of your remarks. I was certainly pleased with your
statements about what you have done and are doing now to further the course
and I hope many of the members were paying attention to some of these good
ideas.  Amateur astronomy community can do much in this field of NEO’s
study and search and have made some fine discoveries in recent years.

Malcolm Currie I loved your idea for the automated telescope
in South Africa at SAAO . I had forgot about Chile being in the southern
hemisphere, there are observatories there.

Mr. Gene Roberts you are absolutely correct I do not know who is on the
list and now I know some like yourself who I feel is concerned with the
impact threat.

Bill Camp thanks and I will.

Now List members continue with those great ideas and keep sending Dr. Tom
Gehrels of Spacewatch those $5 and $10 I know he will appreciate it.

Victor
---
Victor Noto - Kissimmee, Florida USA
vnn2@phoenixat.com
http://www.phoenixat.com/~vnn2/BIGROCK.htm
Website theme quote:
"Life really is a Rock and
the Big Rock giveth and taketh away all life!!"