[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Celestial Math Help Needed

>We three are willing to conduct further experiments of this
>type (essentially bistatic CW radar analysis of meteor entries)
>Steve Harrison
>Shrewsbury MA

This sounded like an intriguing experiment, Steve! Others on the list with
experience in forward and backscatter radiometeors will probably be able to
help answer you questions - I couldn't. But I had a question of my own!

How feasible - and how scientifically useful, relatively speaking - would
these "multistation" amateur backscatter experiments be? Would they provide
the same level and quality of meteor data as single-station radar
experiments do - without requiring a single amateur or local amateur group
to foot all the expense of both a transmitter and receiver?

Just curious! Clear skies,
Lew