[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) response to potentially hazardous objects (PHA's) posting

Victor<<
 Put up that mailing address yours and tell me what exactly you will do with
 the contributions and you may get some of my moolay. <<

Ohhhh...after an evening at Pizza Hut,  I might pay off a bill or two, retire
a little earlier than planned, purchase a few more camera's, lenses, guided
camera platforms, good diffraction gratings, try to come up with an adequate
video system that will detect meteors. Probably could come up with some more
things for a wish list if given more time to think about it?

Victor>>With Tom Gehrels and
 Spacewatch I know what he and his team Jeff Larsen, Joe Montani and Jim
 Scotti has done and are doing. You just have to look at the Potential
 Hazardous Asteroids list at cfa Harvard put out by Brian Marsden and Garret
 Williams.  George what have you done for the cause lately? Serious question
 because you may, as far as I know, be doing alot like Wayne T. Hally is.

Haven't done a whole heck of a lot lately due to El Nino, but usually record
meteor data quite regularly. Also I have promoted meteor science just about
everywhere I can to the novices. I Co-founded NAMN. Co-written the NAMN guide
book. In 1992 after being informed that I made 2 of the 2 fireball reports
submitted to FIDAC that year, I Personally mailed off over 500 letters with
copies of blank fireball report forms to just about every planetarium, college
, observatory or science center within the U.S. Also kept those on America
Online informed about meteor science and activities.  Also actively forward
fireball reports from aol to FIDAC, Peter Brown and this list that may not
reach those who could use this data. Been quite active in meteor discussions
here, aol and the Astronomy mailing list. I know I have done more than just
pissed a few people off, but haven't really kept a running memory of it.
George Zay