[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) response to potentially hazardous objects (PHA'

Victor,
	You've really got to stop eating that shoe leather. George has been
the most active meteor observer worldwide for the past several years, and
in 1995 co founded the NAMN...were it not for his and Mark Davis' efforts,
none of us would be here, meself included.
	Again, before you start suggest people are doing nothing, perhaps you
should find out. What have you been doing?? :->

Wayne

George what have you done for the cause lately? Serious question
 because you may, as far as I know, be doing alot like Wayne T. Hally is.

Haven't done a whole heck of a lot lately due to El Nino, but usually
record
meteor data quite regularly. Also I have promoted meteor science just about
everywhere I can to the novices. I Co-founded NAMN. Co-written the NAMN
guide
book. In 1992 after being informed that I made 2 of the 2 fireball reports
submitted to FIDAC that year, I Personally mailed off over 500 letters with
copies of blank fireball report forms to just about every planetarium,
college
, observatory or science center within the U.S. Also kept those on America
Online informed about meteor science and activities.  Also actively forward
fireball reports from aol to FIDAC, Peter Brown and this list that may not
reach those who could use this data. Been quite active in meteor
discussions
here, aol and the Astronomy mailing list. I know I have done more than just
pissed a few people off, but haven't really kept a running memory of it.
George Zay