[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) RE: meteor colors

At 06:34 PM 2/24/98 +0100, you wrote:
>I described the method some years ago in WGN 18 (1990), p. 111
>The method doesn't work for a single meteor. Althrough the observed
>colors of an meteor differ from one observer to the next I find an
>average CI for the stream.   Ulrich

Hi, Ulrich! For those of us without access to back issues of WGN, would you
be willing to summarize the article. Or - with your permission - can anyone
else with WGN in their library post a summary of Ulrich's method?

Also, Ulrich, was there anything in your results which suggested any
relationship between a stream's CI and either it's parent object's
composition or it's velocity and average entry angle? Just curious!

Clear skies,
Lew