[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) (Fwd) Sporadics

> Date:          Mon, 02 Mar 1998 17:33:56 -0500
> From:          Lew Gramer <lewkaren@tiacdot net>
> Subject:       Re: (meteorobs) (Fwd) Sporadics

> At 03:30 PM 3/1/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >out for 1 hour... I am reporting 2 sporadic meteors.
>
> Wow, now that was a quiet night, Kim! :)
>
> BTW, did you happen to note the visual limiting magnitude from your
> observing site? Also, were you able to get that hour in before midnight, or
> after?

We were lucky, the report was from Friday night, somehow the message
did not get out , but it was cloudy turned cyrstal clear limiting
magnitude around 7 magnitude. The meteors were about mag 2 lasting
several seconds.

The reporting time of the sporadics was before midnight.

Fisrt one at 7:23 pm, 00:23 UT, going north to south
Second one at 7:38 pm, 00:38 UT going SE to NW

The first one was at zenith, and the second was about 80 degrees
angle.

It was shortly after this a large cloud bank from the south came it
and socked us in, and it has remained since.

I am slowly trying to get all the information that is needed to
report the meteors, so bare with me.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade
44.28.28N 76.29.45W