[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Coloured Trains ??

Thanks for bringing up this topic, Pierre! And thanks to Norman for taking time
out during the busy US Tax Season to share his experience with train colors. My
initial reaction to this thread was, "Gosh! I see LOTS of train colors". My
impression was that I frequently saw color in trains - particularly during the
"faster" major showers like the LEOs and PERs.

I went back and reviewed my limited observational data to date: I noted color
in a fairly high percentage of meteor HEADs, and noted a few occasions where
the meteor TRAIL had a color which differed from the head's color. However, by
some silly oversight these past few years, I have *NOT* been noting when I see
color in a train, unless it happens to differ from the head color.

I've decided to expand my own data gathering to include this item. I was
curious as to what comments the more experienced observers on the list might
have about this addition? All thoughts welcome!

Clear skies,
Lew