[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: NHAS Re: Meteors in Sacramento

At 09:56 PM 03/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Mike Stebbins writes:
>>It depends on the direction the objects were traveling.  Most man made
>>stuff runns North to South or West to East, very little runs East to West.
>>Johns' E-mail does not give direction.

Well, now, WAIT a minute: if a satellite is presently going over my head
from north to south, then if I were at the antipode on the other side of
the earth, then when the dang thang finally starts moving overhead over
there, it would appear to be moving from south to north...true?

OTOH, that's not quite true of something moving from east to west; it
ALWAYS moves east to west regardless of your location/position.

Somebody outta spring this question on a junior high school science class;
I bet the answers would be interesting, to say the least!

Clear skies,

SteveH