[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Icarus: do you believe,,,

Victor D. Novo wrote today:

> Hernandez:
>
> Do you believe this report and who is this Russian scientist Valdimir
> Polevanov

Victor,

Please don't get me wrong. I didn't write this article. It was published
in a newspaper last Sunday. Of course I didn't believe a bit of this
news article. Thas exactly why I made a reference to Mr. Levy's March 98
S&T article and the danger of publishing such piece of crap to the
layman.

The reason for translating the article was for all members to know what
Celso Montalvo was asking about in his posting of yesterday, and to
raise some comments from list members, which were reaised OK.

Many list members have made it clear that Icarus won't hit Earth at all,
but againg, does the common folk who read the newspapers know about
these facts? I don't think so!

I don't know who this Russian guy is at all. They didn't know at the
Newspaper either! Could be the clerk at the Politburo offices. Who
knows!

> Have you contacted him for an explanation or verification?

I did contact the newspaper and made writen protest against this kind of
journalism, not precisely asking for an explanation to me but to all
readers as to the fallacy of this article. So far, there has been no
response. For sure I will forward them the orbital calculations of many
of our fellow listers about Icarus. Let us see if they publish anything
about the real facts.

The verification (of this article's nonsenseless) has come from the
lists!!!