[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: (meteorobs) Doomsday Icarus

Thanks David

I am sure your message was heard loud and clear. NONSENSE to Doomsday
Icarus.  I can only hope that all those folks who read that news report
will also get the message you have sent us.

I looked Icarus up in the cfa Harvard site with the close approaches of the
PHA's for the next 25 years and I found Icarus and it's next close approach
was in 2015 and I kind of figured it was an erroneous report.  Ron Baalke's
post on the list pretty much broke down the report and explained all the
fact and fantasies of asteroid Icarus's close approach false alarm story.

David, you know everyone in the NEO studies field so I was wondering is
there a Russian geologist named Valdimir Polevanov.  If so what's his
story.
I know you and a host of other fine scientist, to long to mention here,
have been engaged in the process of educating the peoples of the world
about the true nature and importance of Near Earth objects (NEO's) to the
Earth's history - past, present and future. This discovery of the asteroid
swarm and punctuated evolution is the kind which will eventurally changes
man's whole view of himself and his universe.  I feel in my bones we are
approaching a era when the peoples of the world will be listening and
learning this fact.  These false alarms will only delay the education by
increasing the giggle factor about impact studies.

It is so important that when these erroneous stories are put out to the
public that we have a group of scientist like yourself correcting and
setting the record straight as soon as possible using as much media as
necessary.

Your supporter,
Victor