[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 1997 XF11 in 2028

The MPC is *the* authority in the NEO field, no doubt. But wasn't it the
MPC announcing that famous comet Swift/Tuttle (the parent of the Perseids)
is about to crash on Eart early in the 22st century? Later on this
predictions was withdrawn as new data came in (I guess).

So, 1997 XF11 certainly has to be monitored very carefully, as the hundred
other objects on the mentioned list. Lets see how it's orbit evolves as
the observed arc is getting larger. I see no reason yet to worry not to
celebrate my 57th birthday anymore ...

Sirko

*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *                          *
*  Ahornstr. 55, D-52056 Aachen, Germany      *              __          *
*                                             *       " 2B v 2B "        *
*  phone: +49-241-8021615                     *                          *
*  fax  : +49-241-8888219                     *             Shakespeare  *
*  email: molau@informatik.rwth-aachendot de     *                          *
*  www  : http://www.snafudot de/~smo            *                          *