[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Asteroid XF11 near miss ???

Following is part of my message to Darryl Pitt for which I apologized:
But the folks at NASA JPL like Yeomans, Paul Chodas and his associates
switched into
high gear to discredit this announcement thus throwing a wet blanet on NEO
projects, Brian Marsdens reputation, cfa Harvard Smithsonian institution,
the IAU, MPC activities.
This just was not necessary for JPL to announce this so fast and frankly I
do not believe any of these people know what they are talking about. A
600,000 km miss, a 500,000 miles miss or 30,000 miles close approach or a
direct
hit of XF11 in 30 years who knows for sure and who cares.  The fact still
remains 90 % of these space stones running around near Earth and in Earth
crossing orbit have not even been discovered yet and anyone with an ounce
of sense knows that many of these space rocks are going to impact Earth for
sure.  There is no doubt about this by any of these so called scientist.
Anything that advances the effort of learning  what's out there in the
swarm around Earth and helps to prevent impact as soon as possible I am for
this and it makes me happy on any level.

This media and JPL team have set back this effort many year by their
arrogant announcement, an done nothing good for the reputation of Dr
Marsden and the cfa Harvard.
I condem these people at JPL for this act.

I for one will write a politician at least with these people I know what I
am up against. You scientist do not know how to get things done and are
certainly not diplomatic. You may be smart about scientific data
interpretation but to follow your direction may very well cause mass
extinction due to plane stupidity.

Victor
---
Victor Noto - Kissimmee, Florida USA
vnn2@phoenixat.com
http://www.phoenixat.com/~vnn2/BIGROCK.htm
Website theme quote:
"Life really is a Rock and
the Big Rock giveth and taketh away all life!!"