[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FWD: Comments

[Sorry, Steve - your message appears to be directed to the whole list, but
was only addressed to me. Hope it's all right that I forwarded it! -Lew]

Hi Lew....

Many thanks for your comments.  I did not know that Ron Baalke was not a
member of the list.  Your surprise at my interest as a biologist is well
taken in an era when many of my colleagues are becoming more narrow...you
know...experts on the brain of a leach.

At 51 with about 15 more years of service left till retirement, I find
myself going in the opposite direction.  My interests are broader now than
ever before.  My training is as an ornithologist (bird person), but I teach
a number of general education courses in addition.  I am a (very) amateur
astronomer and mix the astronomics/meteorics into my GE courses as well as
majors courses in Evolution and Herpetology (Dinosaurs and their demise etc
etc.).  I have recently found myself on the advisory board for our new
Downing Planetarium here at CSUF among my other duties (including a large
set of web pages here).

I find it particularly refreshing to rub elbows with all of you.  Too
little time and so much good stuff to learn!

Thanks!

Steve E.
Dr. Stephen Ervin
Department of Biology