[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Mosquito Repellant

<<
 Or you can just eat lots of garlic.
    Chris >>
--------------
This seems to work for me. Though from what I've been told, you have to eat
garlic on a relatively regular basis about 2 weeks prior to when you want it
to do it's thing. This doesn't mean you have to go around smelling like garlic
and putting a damper on your social life. You can purchase garlic tablets from
a health store that will leave you smelling relatively normal. At the station
we eat a lot of spaghetti and goulash type foods that usually has lots of
garlic. From the few mosquitos I usually get pestered with at the observatory
this is about all the protection I need. However, due to the effects of el
nino, I expect the mosquito population to rise dramatically this year? I would
think learning about other methods will become beneficial to the observer in
the long run and discussing it now will prepare you some?Personally, I might
try more than one method if the problem gets worse than it has in the past.
George Zay