[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FW: TSP Call for Papers

Anyone want to promote meteor observing?

----------
From:  TSP
Sent:  Wednesday, March 18, 1998 2:26 PM
To:  millerfe@tde.com
Subject:  TSP Call for Papers

Dear FRANKLIN E,

TSP is almost here. The staff is working deligently to make sure everything will go smoothly.

One place that we can use your help is with daytime speaches. Haven't you always wanted to tell others about your specific interest in astronomy? Or the "observing aid" that you made that maximizes your observing time? Or what your local society is doing
 for light pollution and the public, and Astronomy Day activities? How about your experience at the recent eclipse?

Some of the topics of interest to people are: astrophotography, CCDs, history of astronomy, computers in astronomy. These are only samples of topics.

Talk length is 20 minutes with some time for Q&A. The schedule for daytime lectures is Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday afternoon.

If you would like to give a lecture, please email me a short (2 or 3 sentence) description and title of your talk, and any AV needs you may have (slide projector, overhead, etc). If you will be arriving on Wednesday or later, please let me know. The emai
l address is:
mailto:goldberg@sccsi.com

Remember, it is the people who help that makes the TSP what it is, not just the staff workers.

Regards,
Steve Goldberg
Daytime Lectures Coordinator