[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Namn guide

McNaught<< When checking a watch, use a faint red torch.  The watch battery
drains
 quickly using the internal light, and is much more expensive to replace than
 torch batteries.

I don't know what kind of watches anyone else uses, but I buy the cheap old
digital Casio watches for about $20. I use the internal light quite
extensively due to my job as well as for nearly every meteor I record while
meteor observing. I also use the internal light quite extensively while
synchronizing the operation of my camera's while I observe.  I am a very
frequent meteor observer as most people here know. I have yet to have my watch
battery run down from all this usage. I buy a new watch every year usually
because the watch band breaks and or the lens is so scratched up from work
abuse that I simply need a new one. Getting it fixed isn't practical...so I
just buy a new one...the price is right. I don't think watch battery drainage
is really that much of a problem nowadays?
George Zay