[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) watches and batteries

In the past, I had to replace my watch batteries on, perhaps, a yearly
basis, when the internal light was used.  Since stopping use, it is
closer to five years before there is a need to replace.

Another timing method is use of a multiple-memory stopwatch.  I obtained
a 100 lap-memory from an Australian company (originally from Hing Kong)
and am sure they have a 500 memory version.

On the subject of betteries, I use Canon T70s with Command Back 70 for
photography.  These do not drain power to keep the shutter open.  Does
any other body exist that can be used in this way; multiple time-exposures
programmed and no power drain?

Cheers, Rob McNaught
(rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au)