[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) cometary shower going on NOW?

LIst:

I just got finished listening to Dr Gene Shoemakers last lecture on VCR
tape that I got from  Robert Dick ELPA Production P.O. Box 79 Rideau Ferry,
ON Canada KOG 1WO
http://www.physicsdot carletondot ca/~rdick/

It was not really that easy to hear the the audio was homemade kind of but
the point he was making over and over to me is that we are now in the
middle of a cometary shower of the type that kill of the dinasaurs 65
million years ago and he was ninety percent sure that all or most all of
the large impactor craters on Earth were the result of comets not
asteroids.
These cometary showers last several million years but the chart Gene showed
put us right now on a peak of a flux shower twice that of any other period
in the last 70 million years.

Anyone who listened to this tape got anything different?

Victor
---
Victor Noto - Kissimmee, Florida USA
vnn2@phoenixat.com
http://www.phoenixat.com/~vnn2/BIGROCK.htm
Website theme quote:
"Life really is a Rock and
the Big Rock giveth and taketh away all life!!"