[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Mail List and/or page for new and observable comets

> From: "Adam Marsh" <riker@net2000.com.au>
> To: "Meteor Observing List, Meteorobs" <meteorobs@latrade.com>
> Subject: (meteorobs) Mail List and/or page for new and observable comets
> Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 15:57:45 +1000
>
> To the list
>
> Does anyone know of or is anyone subscribed to a mailing list which deals with
 new and observable comets.  Or
> is there one or more good sites to obtain information on new and observable co
mets.

> Thanks anyone.....
>
> Adam Marsh,  ASV Meteor Section.

The CBAT/MPC/ICQ web site for observable comet is

http://cfa-www.harvarddot edu/iau/Ephemerides/Comets/index.html

where you can find many useful links including the update MPEC (which is
free on web now after 1997 IAU General Assembly) for observable comets
in the current month. You can also get ephemeris and orbital elements
(even in format for some softwares which you are using!).

The newest information for comet discovery is in IAUC, which is also
available freely on net. But distribution of MPEC and IAUC as a mailing
list is not free, except that if you subscribe to Computer Service of
MPC. I subscribe to IAUC/MPEC and MPC-CS after 1996.

Jin
Jin Zhu                           | Tel.: +86-10-62759888 (O)
Beijing Astronomical Observatory  |       +86-10-68392030 (H)
Chinese Academy of Sciences       |       +86-314-5053035 (Schmidt dome)
P. R. China                       | Fax : +86-10-62759696
email: zj@bac.pkudot edu.cn or jinzhu@sun.ihep.ac.cn
WWW Home Page: http://vega.bac.pkudot edu.cn/~zj