[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Watches and Batteries.

Adam Marsh wrote:

>   >  In the past, I had to replace my watch batteries on, perhaps, a yearly
>   >  basis, when the internal light was used.  Since stopping use, it is
>   >  closer to five years before there is a need to replace.
>   >  Another timing method is use of a multiple-memory stopwatch.  I obtained
>   >  a 100 lap-memory from an Australian company (originally from Hing Kong)
>   >  and am sure they have a 500 memory version.
>   >  On the subject of betteries, I use Canon T70s with Command Back 70 for
>   >  photography.  These do not drain power to keep the shutter open.  Does
>   >  any other body exist that can be used in this way; multiple time-exposures
>   >  programmed and no power drain?
>   >  Cheers, Rob McNaught
>   >  (rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au)
>
> Hi Rob
>
> Just curious as to where you purchased the watch, the brand and cost.  Sounds like it could come in handy.
>
> The other question is about the Canon T70s camera body.  You said it can be programmed for multiple time
> exposures.  You would be able to for instance program it to take a sequence of 10 or 20, five minute
> exposures.  I have thought in the past this would be a great idea but had no idea they even existed, esp with
> the fact they don't drain on the battery power.  What would be the availability of one of these ?
>
> Thanks in advance, Adam Marsh, ASV Meteor Section.

Since the foundation of the Dutch Meteor Society in 1979 a photographic
network, consisting of
several stations using batteries of 35 mm cameras is operated during the
periods of activity of major
streams. In the early years f4.5/75mm Lubitel cameras were used, but
nowadays batteries of Canon
T-70 cameras equipped with high quality FD f/1.8-50 mm optics are in use
at nearly all stations. The
larger stations (four at present) use about 20 of these cameras,
covering almost the entire sky visible
from the observational site. Between 1980 and 1995, 998 meteors were
photographed multistation.
All photographic records have been measured and reduced.

Copy from our home page
Robert Haas DMS