[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) FWD: Green fireball?

My wife and I saw a brilliant green fireball yesterday evening about
7:17. We were in the car driving East when it flared up in front of us.
My first thought was that I've never seen a meteor like that and that it
almost looked like fireworks.
Following is some data:

Date/Time  3/31/98  19:17  (UT  4/1/98   1:17)
Location    Central Arkansas near Guy. Between Conway and Heber Springs
Magnitude  -8
Speed       Slow
Duration     About 2 seconds
Length I saw  About 45 degrees Not sure where it started
Path seemed to go from about 5 degrees below Denebola and ended about 5
degrees above Arcturus.
In general from south up high to low in the east.  Did not go to the
horizon, but burned up or went out.
Color - A bright green.
Observed no train and no fragmentation