[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Strange Lights in the Sky

Hi Tim,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : tpcooper@ilink.nis.za <tpcooper@ilink.nis.za>
À : meteorobs@latrade.com <meteorobs@latrade.com>; peter@max.arc.nasadot gov
<peter@max.arc.nasadot gov>
Date : jeudi 2 avril 1998 05:13
Objet : (meteorobs) Strange Lights in the Sky

>Hi all
>
>After six consecutive cloudy nights, last night (March 31) was clear, and I
>managed over 3 hours of good Virginid plotting.  I was pretty satisfied
with
>that alone, but during the watch I observed some curious events, which I
>hope some one on this list can explain.
>I guess what I witnessed was a satellite launch, but I'd be pleased to know
>if someone can shed more light on my experience.  What surprised me was the
>visibility of the object around local midnight.
>
>All in all, an interesting evenings observing.
>
>Tim Cooper

There is one important thing not present in your report. Where were you
observing from? Please post your coordinates. I may be able to find out what
satellite it was. If I can't I will then pass the message to the SeeSat
mailing list for further information.

Jean-Christophe 'Papou' Millot - email : papou@canl.nc
Consultant en Technologies de l'Information - IT Consultant
B.P. 13581 98803 Noumea CEDEX
Nouvelle-Caledonie - New Caledonia (22d17S, 166d28E)  UT+11
Tel/Fax/Rep : (687) 27 69 84 - Mobile : (687) 77 19 97