[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) FWD: Green fireball

<<
 Seen from Missouri Hwy. 30 at Murphy, MO. We were driving West, and saw this
 thing to the South over a small valley (which is totally occupied by a mobile
 home park) The fireball was actually over the trailers at an altitude of
about
 75 feet above ground level when it extinguished.  This was at elevation 0
deg.
 for us since we were looking down fron the road.

75 feet above the ground and of -2 magnitude? If it was a meteor, there is no
doubt there were some misperception going on. It was too dim to still be
glowing brightly only 75 feet above the ground. Either it was further way by
many miles (which I suspect) than he thinks, or this would be one heck of a
meteorite upon impact....something in the neighborhood of 10 tons.
George Zay