[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Here come the questions

Kim Wrote:

>1) Can you count the trails you see out of the corner of your eye??

Yes, most definitely! Just try your best to estimate the magnitude.
It is not easy since it is far away from your center of view. You may
also note that is was poorly seen.

>2) At what point in the early morning do you call it quits?? Until
>you see the last star, or when you see glow on the horizon?

I observe until nautical twilight when the sun is situated 12 degrees
below the horizon. The twilight glow is quite noticeable then and the
LM is affected in the lower portion of the sky. If you center your
field of view between 50-70 degrees altitude then your LM will remain
unaffected until quitting time.

Looking forward to your reports Kim! (And more questions).

See you on chat!

Bob