[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Introduction

<< I live in a place called Altrincham which is very close to Manchester UK
 which means that unless I can get into the countryside I do not see very
 much. I'm going to the west coast of Ireland soon and hope to catch a
 few Lyrids on film. Does anyone have suggestions for exposer times for
 very black skies? I am going to try out three films:-
                         Kodak Elite II 400
                         Kodak TMAX 100 pro
                         A Standard 200 ISO. >>
Hello Clive,

Where are you going to observe from - the Wicklow Mts? - Nice and dark there I
bet. The Kodak Elite II 400 is a good choice, I would use the T-max 400
instead of the 100 though. The higher ASA number the better for
astrophotography. T-max even make a 3200 which is not as grainy as you might
think. Good luck and I hope this helps

Kevin K