[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) CCD image of meteor trail

>I won't post the GIF file because it's about 200k.  E-mail me if you
>are seriously interested to see it soon; it will eventually appear on
>the IMO Web pages...  I could produce a smaller cropped version if
>there's a demand.  I'm reluctant to place it on anon-ftp, as I've been
>saving the image to promote telescopic-meteor observing.  Some
>magazines demand virgin images.  Does the Web count?
>
>Malcolm

I have followed web copyright issues for a while. Right now it would seem
anything put on the web becomes public domain, unless the site it is posted
on charges some access fees. In other words, I doubt this would be a
"virgin image" once it is placed on the web.

Gary