[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireball

>> Subject:       (meteorobs) Fireball
>>         A fireball as bright or brighter than the full moon was observed
>> crossing Vancouver Island, Canada on April 15, 1998, at around 21:20 hrs
>
>I took the liberty to crosspost this message into the RASClist, since
>we have alot of BC members on the list.
>
>Also question about this information on fireballs. Where do they
>store all th information ? When  they get the data and analyze it, do
>they actually post it anywhere, to follow the trail so to speak.
>
>Kim

Kim:
        If the data collected on this Vancouver Island fireball looks good,
a report is usually written that is published in the Journal of the Royal
Astronomical Society of Canada, or is reported on, at a MIAC annual meeting.
I believe Dr. Tatum will be presenting a paper on an earlier fireball at the
RASC General Assembly in June.  I don't think it will be posted to any news
group as far as I know.  The IMO probably keeps a data base on fireballs as
does the AMS I would think.  Reports are coming in from all over the Island,
but we are still looking for reports from both sides of the track.  It would
be nice  if we received some reports from the mainland side.  This is
necessary to plot a good path.

Ed
Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.                       AMS Affiliate
CANADA  V9N-5R8                       MIAC Associate