[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NAMN Meeting

Re:  NAMN Summer meeting

There have been enough questions about the planned NAMN meeting scheduled
for this summer, that it is time for an update!

What is being planned is a very informal, and unstructured, get-together,
where
members can meet each other and discuss any topic under the sun.

The meeting is planned for the week of July 11 to 19, in conjunction with a
conference being held at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green
Bank, West Virginia. The center of activities for our NAMN meeting will be
near, but not at, the NRAO.

Due to the nature of our meeting, participants are welcome to arrive and
depart at any time during the week.  We will attempt to schedule a tour of
the observatory, and will no doubt make many day trips to local points of
interest.  It is expected that our in-person chats will be even more vocal
than those on our mail list or in the chat room! Everyone is invited to
bring along their favorite project(s) to help the discussions along.

There has been some interest expressed in both motel and camping facilities.
So far, we have been able to locate the following:

(Note:  if you are interested in either of these facilities, we recommend
you contact them directly to confirm this information.)

* Boyer Motel, Restaurant & Campground
Rt. 1, Box 51
Arbovale, WV 24915
Tel. (304)-456-4667
Located on Rt. 28/92 north of Green Bank, WV.

Rates (including tax):
$32.70 per room (for 1 double bed)
$42.51 per room (for 2 double beds)
Camping fees (including tax):
$8.48 per night for 1 tent with 2 people, $2.00 for each additional person
$10.60 per night for trailer, with electrical hookup
Note that the campground has showers.

* Hermitage Motel & Restaurant
P.O. Box 8
Jct. Rtes. 250 & 92/28
Bartow, WV 24920
Tel. (304)-456-4808
http://neumediadot net/~hermitage, with links to neat places to visit & NRAO
Located at Junction of 250, 28 & 92  (Note: Hermitage is maybe 9 miles north
of the Boyer Motel, which would place it about 14 miles from the Observatory)

Rates (including tax):
$38.15 per room (for 1 double bed)
$44.69 per room (for 2 double beds)

Kim Hay has volunteered to act as the contact point for the meeting.  It
will be extremely helpful if everyone will contact her and "register",
letting her
know the dates you plan to attend, and what you will be doing about
lodging.  Kim's e-mail address is:  kimhay@adan.kingstondot net

If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions, please let us know!

Mark Davis, MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network
NAMN home page:
http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html