[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radiant Diameters

RA> (Draconids 0.07 (2))

RA> The numbers in brackets are the numbers of meteors involved.

How do you determine a radiant size based on two meteors?  Is this the
angular separation of the two radiants, possibly multiplied by some fudge
factor?

> These diameters were derived from the plotting errors of experienced
> observers and are based on doubly plotted meteors. The IMO Calendar does
> not list the diameters of 5deg anymore, since thy have no practical
> meaning.

As George and I pointed out, there are still some radiant diameters listed
in the 1998 IMO Calendar in the highlighted showers.  So we should ask
Alastair to modify the 1999 edition.

Malcolm