[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) StS-90 Radio fireball.

Message text written by INTERNET:meteorobs@latrade.com

" Got a great Wave/gif via fftdsp of the sts-90 reentry over the house hear
in Sacramento area. We were overcast so no visual but what a great radio
echo with 2 doppler shifted sweeps and the a giant fireball echo. Anyone
want to see it or hear it let me know which one you want and I will mail
them to you."

Hi Norman,

I would appreciate receiving your Wave/Gif. Thanks.

The shuttle fireball is a strong reflector.

I have always thought that monitoring reentries could be a way to help
calibrate a radio meteor array in some way or another. I have been meaning
to write up my experiments but haven't followed through as yet.

June Arietids coming up with the zeta Perseids. That's a strong daytime
shower equalling the stronger night showers.

Thanks.
Tom Ashcraft
72632.1427@compuserve.com