[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Leonids meteor shower

<< And looking over the NASA site, it seems that Dr. Jenniskens results
support
 the general statement that the LIKELIHOOD of substantial impacts with any one
 satellite is vanishingly small, even during a ZHR=100000 storm! >>

This was what I was thinking.
The way the media is describing this "possible" event, to me, would be the
same as someone throwing a handful of sand in your face. Which is definitely
not the case. The stream diameter is huge if you were 'magically' able to see
each particle.  Ahh the artistic license of the media.... (if there are any
media people here, don't write me your sob story, I'm not interested).

Kevin