[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) May 16/17 obs. LANMA

Hello everybody,

Last night was again very clear, so I have observed again untill just
after moonrise. Below my data.

After the traditional check of the northern horizon for NLC (negative), I
started in late twilight like the previous night, and continued some 2.5
hours untill some 20 minutes after moonrise. The sky was very clear, but
air temperatures were not that warm as the previous night and a strong
breeze had developed. The frogs (not of LUNRO-type) were noisier than the
previous night, and so were my fellow villagers. There seemed to be a
party somewhere, providing me a background music of 'The Golden Earring'
(very good Dutch rock) during some time (description of one of the other
sounds one of my neighbours produced during the night will not pass
censorship).

I got a fine share of meteors, but again nothing especially eye-catching.
Was good fun though. Brightest meteor was a +1 sporadic at 22:29 UT going
down through Scorpio low above the horizon.

This night, I had some activity of the Scorpiids.

-Marco Langbroek (the Netherlands)

obs.: Marco Langbroek      LANMA
date: May 16/17, 1998
loc.: Voorschoten (the Netherlands), 52d07'N, 4d28'E

UT            Teff   Lm    aSco wSco Spo
21:30-22:45   1.18   6.2    0    1    11
22:45-00:00   1.17   6.1    1    2    12

TOTAL         2.35  <6.2>   1    3    23        27

                +1   +2   +3   +4   +5
Sporadics        1    6    5    7    4      <3.3>
omega Sco        0    1    1    0    1      <3.3>
alfa Sco         0    0    3    0    0