[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Starfest '98

Pierre et al -

>Thanks for the info! If you don't mind, I'd like to do a print out of your
>post and pass it along to other interested observers!
>I'm certainly looking forward to Starfest myself.

Yes, Pierre, please forward the info to any friends who may be interested....

The main talk of the weekend, the Saturday evening talk, with Leif J.
Robinson, Editor in Chief, Sky & Telescope, should be very apropos - the
collaboration between amateur and professional astronomers...

Looks like we will have a group of our meteor observers up at Starfest...
Wayne, Lew, you, myself, Kim Hay, hopefully John Oort ! ;> and others....
Hey, Michael... you giving any thought to driving up with the Halifax crew
this year...? ;>>

Last year was the biggest Starfest ever... with a huge number of Americans
up to Canada as well.... biggest contingent being the Ohio group, I
believe...  and 'portable' scopes that showed up at Starfest ranged up to a
36 inch Dob.... :>>

It's a great observing weekend, and easy to get to.... just turn that car on
and tell that engine to 'engage'... ;>>

- Cathy
Cathy Hall, chall@cyberusdot ca
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
RASC, Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, Kingston Centre
NYAA, North York Astronomical Association