[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Namn East Coast Get together

Kim Hay wrote:

I was out last night
> trying limiting magnitudes and mine ranged from 6.1 to 6.5 over 3
> hours.  What would your limiting magnitude be?

A good, clear south Louisiana night far from city lights typically gives
limiting magnitudes of about 5.9 to 6.2.  Recently we've been suffering
from haze apparently caused by the Mexican fires, and it's been more
like 2.5 to 3.5, with some nights when second magnitude stars were not
visible.  Those fires must be pretty grim to be pumping that much smoke
this far.

Dave

Follow-Ups: References: