[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Namn East Coast Get together

Hi Dave!!

> A good, clear south Louisiana night far from city lights typically gives
> limiting magnitudes of about 5.9 to 6.2.  Recently we've been suffering
> from haze apparently caused by the Mexican fires, and it's been more
> like 2.5 to 3.5, with some nights when second magnitude stars were not
> visible.  Those fires must be pretty grim to be pumping that much smoke
> this far.

If once they get the fires extinguished, how long before the skies
would clear. I am just wondering, would this force the smoke off to
another direction?

The night I was out I saw 4 sporadics, one was a 0, the rest 1 & 2"s.
It was a gorgeous night to be out. The frogs and loons were calling
in the backround, the mosquitoes buzzing in my ears. I could have
stayed out and slept there all night, but I liked to have some blood
the next day.

Sorry I missed the chat last night everyone.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28N 76.29.45W
Astronomy-RASC,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section