[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Breaking up Meteors or Space Junk? -Singapore sky

Dear Sir:

    I have an interesting observation tonite ( 5/20/98 1934 local time).
I saw a orange-red meteor-like object which broken up into two pieces
each with luminous trail ( just like sparks created when a metal object
was held to a grinding wheel). The 'head(s)' of the projectiles were
clearly' solid-like'.  The formation was travelling in a nearly
horizontal from west to south lasting 4-6 seconds. No sonic bombs were
heard. And the speed is 'very much' slower than a normal 'in - a flash'
meteor we normally seen. Is this space junk or what?

  Any body out there with similar observations?

Rgds
YK Chia