[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ARCHIVE RESEND Re: (meteorobs) Another failed Observing Session

<< I have an older list that shows the Tau Herculids active May 19 to June 14,
  reaching a peak on June 4. The radiant is listed as 228 +39 (15h 12m);
  velocity is listed as 15 km/s. Radiant drift is +0.9; -0.1. Note that the
  above radiant is actually in Bootes...

 Boy that would be one slow looking puppy. Hard to mistake these if all three
 were related. They would stick out like a sore thumb compared to other
meteors
 usually seen.  >>

The first and third meteors I saw would have definitely fit  your description
then, Mark.  The first one was a bright orange one and it was definitely a "2"
on the velocity scale. The 2d one would have been a "4".

Why are some showers removed from the observing lists?

Kevin