[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) (Fwd) Re: Campground et al...

> Subject:       Campground et al...

Hi Cathy & Mark and Everyone!!

I hope everyone caught the double night crossing of MIR!!!

Mark, does this mean you can make it. How wonderful!!

> I gotta check with Kim, but I'm 99.9% sure she said the SARA crew will be
> motelling at yes, the Boyer...   I am copying her on this note to
> doublecheck... tried to phone, but nobody home there right now.  The Boyer
> makes a lot of sense for the NAMN crew, as it has a campground attached...
> [Kim - please confirm!]

Yes, the SARA crew is Motelling it there, I have had arrangements
made so I am booked there for sure.  The Motel has a campground. I
will be calling down again around mid June to see if we need to book
a spot.

If we want electricity hookup, it may be near lights. Do we want that
or somewhere dark??

Suggestions please, we are coming down to the wire.

Wayne, does your email work for home or work?? I have some ideas for
a t-shirt design. I thought I would try it on Photoshop or Paintshop
and try it on laser t-shirt transfer sheets.  But we need to get
together.

> I will be staying over at Kim's house Friday night (she decided we better
> not put Kevin out!), and will be leaving about 4.00 a.m. Saturday the 11th

Maybe 3:30 pm, want to see those early morning stars, maybe even a
planet or two.  There are 8 planets in the morning sky right now.

> for the U.S., arriving down in West Virginia probably late afternoon on
> Sunday July 12th.  We will motel one night somewhere along the interstate.

Oh conversvative on the time, maybe even in the morning.  I would
like, when down , or possible someone can help me. I have ordered
from the Canadian Post office, a US stamp of the Mars Rover.
Beautiful stamp, measures 3 x 4 inches, and is the panaramic view of
the martian landscape with the rover.   I would like to order the US
stamps of the Apollo Mission and the satellites and Mir. Is it
possible that someone could  check with the pheliotalic (sp)
department of the Post Office and see if these can be ordered.
Thanks muchly.

> [Kim - are you going to reserve a handful of sites, or some open area where
> we can all camp together as we arrive...?]

I will be calling mid June to see, but please answer the top
questions before I call.  Anyone wanting a hotel room, please call
and book now.

Had to pick Gary up at the train station last night, sorry I missed
your call.

He leaves for Kentucky on Sunday for two weeks ?? , then comes back.
I told him, I do not care when you go, but you have to be home for
July 10 to 19th, for sure.

Let me know on anything you want for the camp grounds.

Kim
Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28N 76.29.45W
Astronomy-RASC,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section