[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) (Fwd) Re: Campground et al...

Hi Pierre!!

> >I hope everyone caught the double night crossing of MIR!!!
>
> Was it the one that passed fairly early evening yesterday (26/27),
> that crossed a high path in the south moving slowly from west to east,
> about magnitude 0 ??

No, the 25/26 it was beautiful. The one on the 26 was around the
same mag as Arcturus, then flared at the peak of the crossing.

I missed the at 10:24 on may 27, was watching the Sam Donaldson
report on Mir. I still wonder if that is his real hair.  I cannot
believe that they do not understand that Mir has gone beyond its
original expectations,and how they don't figure it will break down.
From the gist of the show, I believe they were saying that the
Americans are footing most of the bill for any repairs to Mir and to
the new ISS.

I missed the 3:13 am crossing this morning, but there is another
crossing tonight.

> I was not aware of it, but if it is, I certainly had luck as my
> camera/tripod were right in front of me. Snapped some shots of it.

Good for you. I think I will try to set up mine tonight. I would like
to get the film out and see what my photo's of meteors if they turned
out.

> Speaking of satellites, is there ever so many of them criss crossing the
> whole night this time of year !

Quite a few. I have the prediction list for the Iridium flares, and
need to get sattrack up and running.

> (BTW, sorry Kim, for me, with the new job I wont be able to make it to
> the meeting. I'm looking to get a least a bit of time off to go at
> Starfest this August.)

Its to bad Pierre, but we will take lots of Pics and notes. Starfest
should be fun this year as well. My summer vacations are all astro
ones. No one else in the house is interest.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28N 76.29.45W
Astronomy-RASC,ALPO/AAVSO-Solar Section