[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) New to list too!

Dear V. J.,

> I've sat and watched the meteorobs list now for about 2 months but
> never spoke up before.
> Well, I'm the quiet type :) Anyway, I've had telescopes for many
> years and I go out for meteor
> showers and other astronomical events....but I have a major problem
> still, I never quite grasped how to tell the latitudes or longitudes.
> Does anyone have this info on the web? If it helps, I live in San
> Antonio, Texas and
> I can find Polaris and most major stars, if anyone could explain or
> point me to a possible web URL
> I would appreciate it.
> V.J.

  Kindly visit the link's page in JAS site (addressed below), where u
can find a link to a site entitled "Public Nima Gnps Query Form",
this site gives the coordinates of any  place on Earth.

  Hope this helps.

Best Wishes
Mohammad Shawkat Odeh.
Head of Occultation Observation Committee.
Jordanian Astronomical Society (JAS).
odehjas@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1092/index.html  (Personal WWW)
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1092/jas.html    (JAS WWW)