[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Failed observation but...

Hello,

I looked forward to perhaps one hour of observing before dawn as
the sky seemed to be clearing from a storm system last night.

I set up in my backyard near 3:00 EDT during a clear break but
I quickly noticed another blanket of clouds moving from the N-East.

Having my satellite predictions, I decided to wait a bit and catch
a predicted -6 flare at 2:59 EDT 50d up the south-east.
WOW !!! Good thing I had my camera/tripod with me. It was so
bright, I nearly had to squint. It lasted only a few seconds but
it was worth going out to see this. Soon after, clouds covered
up again and I went back inside.

Tonight might be clear early on but nothing is for sure. At least,
meteor activity is not really high right now.

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario, CAN
Meteor observing and Graphic design