[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Iridium flares and meteor photography

<< I wonder what effect these flares will have on meteor photography for
 the up coming showers? You be shooting at the Perseids when ZAPPP!
 a -6 meteor or flare?  I will assume one has to have a prediction of
 the falres occuring for the nights in question?

Being that they are a refection of a satellite, I would think they have to
occur near sunset and/or sunrise. We observe meteors mostly between midnight
(local) and dawn for the best counts. So only the meteors you see near dawn
would cause a problem. But then again, go to the Iridium prediction page and
download all the iridiums for that morning and you'll be able to tell when the
iridiums are coming.

Kevin