[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Iridium flares and meteor photography

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

David,

Thanks for your reply to the list. I agree that flares can be a useful
tool in estimating fireballs as bright as -7. As David stated it is very
important to use your precise geographical coordinates or the
predictions verses what you actually see may be off be several
magnitudes.

David, I hope to see more of your contributions to the list!

Bob Lunsford

> I've been watching Iridium Flares since mid-April using predictions
from
> www2.gsoc.dlrdot de/satvis .  I have found that the timings are very
precise, in
> fact you could set your watch by them to WWV accuracy.  This is of
course
> dependent on the precision with which your site coordinates are known.
 I have

--------End of original message --------