[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Iridium flares and meteor photography

Actually you're right Kevin...I was confusedly thinking of Orbiting
satellites which have almost no gap between evening and morning
satellites...only 40 minutes tonight.
Should be a pass of the MIR/Shuttle combo tonight just before midnight for
us!
Wonder how many UFO reports will pop up!
OK enough off-topic....back to uhhhh meteors.

<stand corrected then.  All the predictions I have seen from my area show
then an hour or two after sundset and an hour or two before dawn.
>><< Kevin, now that it is close to summer solstice, the flares go almost
all
 night nong with only an hour or so of dead time betweeen! >>

Well that was the 2d point of my post that you snipped off. I said that I
see
them and hr or 2 after sunset and an hr. or 2 before sun rise. If sunset is
at
9:45 pm local (or so)  where will 2 hrs leave us?