[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ARCHIVE RESEND Re: (meteorobs) Finding Meteorites...

<< Is there a certain way to find meteorites?  I wanna be a meteorite
hunter...
 Do you think a lot of the meteors that may come from the leonoid shower hit
 the earth? >>

Unless you're independently weathly and have the rest of your life wandering
the known strewn fields I'd get a couple of meteorite dealers catalogs and
hunt them that way. Some have some very good deals.

Seriously tho, you'd need a metal detector, a map of a known strewn field that
isn't "fished out," and lots and lots and lots (infinity sign) of patience.

Kevin